Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 16 - Oildale

This has been a good week. I am doing pretty good. For thanksgiving we went to the Medina family's home, and they are so awesome! A lot of Hispanic members have been threatened to be deported, especially the Medinas. They are super kind, though. My favorite food was the ham. We had and American dinner there. The weather has been weird recently. It has rained three days in a row. My investigators are a slower process than I expected, but the Lord is providing us with miracles.
   Our ward is doing pretty well. There are some interesting things happening, and they might reorganize stake boundaries soon. 
Something funny that happened this week was when, during exercise, we were doing headstands, and for my first try, I held myself for a few seconds, and I tried again, and...


Something sad that happened this week is with our investigators, the Carrillo family, the father is loco. The mother is the kindest person ever, and he believes that we are government agents planning to kill him. He says "If you guys are from the government, tell your boss this and that and this." His girfriend thinks he is crazy, and he'll talk for a while, and she'd say a line, and he'd tell her to shut up. It's super sad. We offered to give them a blessing, and he denied as we brought out the chair for it. We went to the side of the house as we left and blessed the home. 
Something happy that happened was that we have met our zone baptismal goal of 6 this month! The Lord is in this work. I appreciate all you guys do, and I love you! By the way, in December, our mission is going to watch Mcfarland, USA, because that is our mission.



--

Elder Daniel Jacob Sant
"Go and Do"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!