Monday, March 13, 2017

Week 31 - Delano


This was the first week of a new transfer. My companion is Elder Keeney, and he's a great elder. He did come out with me, and he was with my last companion Elder Chavez while I was with Elder Canul.

Our area is doing pretty well. The week before transfers our numbers all dropped, but this week we picked them up a little, and over the next few weeks we should be able to get them up.

I do still struggle a little with the language, especially with fue and era. My favorite word right now is the following phrase: "Andale, pues, y que les vaya bien". It means "Hurry up, then, and that all goes well with you."

McFarland is now it's own area. It used to be part of Delano East, but we have another set of elders in the district now. The mission schedule is different now because we are able to do comp study and language when we can fit it in the day. We haven't played volleyball on P-Day in a while. That sounds like a good idea now. Our zone is called Bakersfield North Zone. The elders here are awesome! There are a few weaknesses in some, but they're good overall.

Can you pray for Esther? She is an awesome investigator who's in Jacob 5! She has a date for 8 of April. Also, can you pray for Mario, and for Leonor, and Gael, who has a date for 25 March. He's awesome, the chillest kid I have ever met, with a heart of gold. Can you pray that I can readily discern needs and act on it quickly and confidently. It's specific, but I think it's what I and my investigators and area need. Esther has been giving us referrals of people and she says "I think these people right here are looking for the message, or these people." We found a part-member family from her! Please pray that comfort and strength will come to me as I speak as well.

We went on splits with the elders quorum, and that went pretty well. We were able to take out and clean a 50's style kitchen, and it was really fun. It was for a family who's moving in. 

We went to Crystal, and we were teaching the Plan of Salvation, and Elder Keeney took a bunch of her stuffed animals and we basically taught the plan with the stuffed animals! It was pretty great.

We had a pretty good week overall. It's been a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I can promise that when we uphold what we believe, we are upholding the commandments and the Gospel, and that whole path back, and we are blessed that He keeps His promises. I can testify of that. Also, I testify as well that the Lord understands how we feel, and carries us as we open up to Him. I testify of that in the Name of Jesus Christ, amen. I love you all, and I hope this week goes well for you.
Love, 
   Elder Sant
 










 

1 comment:

  1. That orchard is so pretty! I am sure Daniel is very hard on himself with the language. I bet he is doing great.

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!