Monday, December 18, 2017

Week 71 Buena Vista

Hey everybody!!!
   This week was a pretty awesome week! We went by a recent convert and asked her if any of her family wanted to join in. I hadn't really known the family, so I wasn't sure if there was more of the family that weren't members. One man came down and we taught the restoration, set him on date. He seems very awesome, very promising. We tried to teach Brandon the word of wisdom, but his less-active father came in and would interrupt us and tell us how Joseph Smith wasn't receiving revelation from God and such things, but we basically ignored him and kept teaching Brandon, because it looked like he wasn't having it either. He said he'd commit to live the word of wisdom. We went by the Guerra family, whose date dropped, but when we came by again, Hilda and Antony said that they have been reading the Book of Mormon as a family, and are in 1 Nephi 11. It is pretty awesome. We also had a handoff lesson with the hermanas that was very good. I learned a few things about teaching. 
   In the hand-off lesson the wife, Rocio, said she had read all of 2 Ne. 2 and explained it to us. They are an amazing family!!!!!!!!! 
   I also held a baptismal interview that was very good. 
   The Lord is blessing and preparing us in so many ways.
   We also got transfer calls, and I am staying! But Elder Rasmussen is leaving. I'm going to miss him, we was one of my very favorite companions.
   One night we asked the Wilson Elders for a ride from an appointment, and while in the car, Elder Webb explained to us how inadequate he felt as a missionary. He just talked about his weaknesses, how he can't talk well to strangers, forcing his companion to take over so often, and how little worth he believed he had. We all chipped in how he had so many glorious talents only he could handle in this life, and I explained to him that if the Lord wanted him to be a perfect leader and a great conversationalist, He would have done it. I could have been disabled and held back in so many ways, but the Lord saw in His infinite wisdom a few skills I needed, a few things He wanted me to accomplish. If He wanted me to be glorious and great in words, I would be, but He has a plan for each of us. He has something else held in reserve for me, and the plan for Elder Webb is also glorious. 

Note- you may choose to include that paragraph in the open email for everyone or not.

   We also went to the Temple, and I learned so many amazing things that just blew my mind. The temple is a great gift. I learned the importance of order, and how covenants allow you to become Holy and set apart for a sacred and eternal purpose. That they are the gateway to accessing the power of the Atonement. 
   I love you all, and I want you all to also have a fantastic Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Love 
Elder Sant




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!