Sunday, April 8, 2018

Week 87 - Palmdale

 
This week we had exchanges with the zone leaders. I went with elder bankhead, a good friend, and we were able to find some pretty cool people. He gave me some good advice that I needed about the area. It happens to everyone, but one day my companion, before getting out of the car, told me "I'm done. I have no faith to find." I told him that without faith that there would be no miracle. He said, "yeah, there's probably someone here prepared and Satan is just trying to stop me."
We went down the street with rejections left and right, and we went down one street, and saw a man getting things out of his truck. We had a real good conversation, and talked about a quick restoration. He said that there would have to be a true church of God, and he didn't know where it was. We asked him what it would mean for his family if there were a true church of God on the earth. He said he'd be willing to try. We gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read it.
We talked to Maricela, amd she didn't go to conference because she put the wrong address into the GPS, and it took her to another church, and she was basically like, "Well, I'm here. Might as well stay." We set her on a baptismal date. She accepted it, and when her husband didn't want to, she gave a bunch of reasons why it makes sense, using what we had taught her.
I learned in my studies from Alma 5:48 a pure testimony of Jesus Christ. 49-50 explain our missionary purpose. For district meetong we talked about the ways that we can build unity in the ward.
We had a meeting with President Layton where he talked about the ways the wards in the stake can do missionary work. It was an inspired meeting.
Thanks for everything.
Love,
Elder Sant



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!