Monday, August 27, 2018

Week 107 - Palmdale

Hello everyone! This week has been pretty fantastic. We taught Patricia and she committed to being baptized on the 1st of September, but the only thing was that she was going to be out of town that Sunday, so we fasted this Sunday that her trip would get cancelled. Nevertheless, we were not specific in our petitions and she did not make it to church because of her son with autism. Thus she would be unable to be baptized on the 1st. But we'll see what happens. It's still a possibility. The Lord blessed us to find and talk to a lot of people, like walking up to cars backing out of the driveway to talk to them (safely, mind you), and other such things as that. It was a lot of fun, and sure we got rejected every once in a while, but there was something that we learned. Many people actually listened to the message, and at the end said it was because we were bold, they said they could tell that we had something important enough to be bold. It was a good lesson. We also talked to this one guy who was actually on Facebook live, and we didn't know until about halfway through the Restoration when he said, ":So, I'm on Facebook live, and someone's telling me to tell you guys that I believe in Jehovah, but I don't. I believe in Jesus Christ and God the Father." He then got questions on it like "Was Tupac a prophet?" So our restoration message is somewhere out there. Elder Simpson taught me something. He said that sure, the scripture says "Don't run faster than you have strength", but then he basically said "That doesn't mean we should just walk. We are still expected to work til we drop", and I really liked it.     This week was also my last district council, because next week I'll be going on the departing missionary temple trip. It was good, and in the end I bore my testimony. I just have this last week, and I am excited to see the miracles that come from a final week of a mission. I love you all, and please pray for Patricia. Love Elder Sant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!