Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Week 1 - Provo MTC

Hola! So, this week has been the most difficult but amazing week ever. Please, please forgive me for the lack of photos. I lost my camera and didn't take a single picture until I found it... in my satchel pocket... this morning. I made it to grandma and grandma's house safely, and spent the night there. I got to talk to Paisley- Mai, Ben and Kaye, and the first thing Paisley-Mai said when she saw me was "Danno!" I'm so glad she remembers me. We had a great time together, and the next day I left for the MTC. Halfway through the ride, when I talked to mom and dad, I realized that I left my navy blue suit coat at grandma and grandpa's house. Classic Elder Sant, right? I got to the MTC, and some guys took my luggage. I went to a class, and the teacher only spoke Spanish, even when I wasn't sure what she was saying. She told me to do a computer survey, and I wasn't sure how much I was supposed to do.   
I love my district; I am sure it was inspired of God! On the second day we all practiced Spanish, and it was a fun day, but it was so long, as Monday was.

On Friday, we taught our first investigator, and they did not go easy at all hahaha. We had to do it in Spanish. Later someone said that they saw garments on the guy, so he wasn't really an investigator, but it was still tons of fun. We heard this story about this Elder we have who had a turtle he bought for $15, and it one day ran away, and six months later he found it again, sent it to the vet because it wouldn't eat, and then died after choking on the pill he tried to give him... Those are the stories of the elders here...
  
On Friday morning, we went to a service cleaning, and that was a lot of fun. We cleaned the gym building. We learned a lot about missionary work, and got distracted easily because a teacher only comes about every other day so we can self-teach, and we literally have about 10 hours of class. We taught that "investigator", named Lorenzo, and it went really well. That night we had a devotional that was so beautiful. I can't even explain everything I learned, because it's been so much. For a break, 10 minutes every hour, we get a geography lesson where elder Bateman makes up the craziest things but makes it seem real.   
  
On Saturday we walked to the temple, and it was so cool. We found an elder Batman there. It was cool. It was a great experience. We also just had 10 hours of lesson time again, but we also taught Lorenzo. 
  
On Sunday we had a sacrament meeting. I hadn't ever, according to my memory, had such a spiritually uplifting sacrament meeting. Everything was so humble and beautiful. We went to a choir lesson, and it was really good.
  
On Monday we taught Lorenzo, and got him to commit to be "baptized" in two weeks. It's a lot of fun, even though everyone knows he's not an investigator. One thing I can say, and if you get anything out of reading this, understand that no matter how prepared you think you are, you are never really prepared, especially and without a doubt if you don't personally care about and handle well with every need of every specific investigator and person you meet. I love the history of Alma the younger and the sons of Mosiah. It takes much of the book of Alma but it's so good. 
  
On Tuesday, we did something pretty cool. So, one of our elders is an engineer, and we were reading the Book of Mormon when Zeezrom tried to convince Amulek to deny God for 6 onties. We found the economic works of the people at the time, and it worked perfectly. This could be complete false doctrine, and it doesn't pertain to our salvation in any way, but we found, if calculations were correct, that 6 onties was about $7,000, and that at the time, they were probably in a time of inflation. It's cool.  
Today we went in the temple and did an endowment session. It was so great. I love the temple. While I do laundry, I am writing this letter. I absolutely love and miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!