Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 11 - Oildale

I am serving in the La Puente, Highland Manor, and Meadows wards.

This was a crazy week. I am doing fine altogether. Every once in a while I don't feel so well, but the Lord immediately provides large blessings from it. I would feel bad, and then the Lord gives us an awesome Lesson or other blessing like that.

I have been praying a lot to try to gain knowledge or understanding of how to do what I'm doing here, and how I can keep up with everyone else, and I got it. It's all in being as obedient as you are able.

We are teaching a few people. We are teaching someone who is getting baptized this Friday! She loves the gospel, and she is really old. She doesn't like when when we leave, because she says she can feel the difference! She loves everything we teach, and Elders Rocha and Jacobson taught her originally, and they would give her a chapter to read, and when they come back, she would have it full of notes and markings and questions! They first met her smoking outside her apartment.

Another set is a family that we knocked into. The father's cousin is a member, and is living with them to learn English at college. The wife of the husband has a large speech impediment, and the father is super great, except that he won't keep commitments. We almost got him to commit to baptism, and there was silence for a moment, and the sister just interrupted it with some question about something.

Juan is also an investigator that we have, and he is great during lessons, except that he won't keep commitments.

We also have Jorge, Juan's brother, and also another investigator who lives with his girlfriend and they have a one year old child. The girl does not like him, but he doesn't have a job and cries any time she threatens to kick him out. She became a member in August, and is super awesome. He though, is great whenever she is around, and then doesn't acknowledge us any other time. He's taking lessons to try to win her heart. It's super sad. His name is also Juan.

Then we have a lady who we taught with the sweet old ladies. Those are our investigators now.

By the way, we can order things from amazon here, not that I need anything, but it's cool. Something cool that happened this week was that I anointed someone's head with oil and later I gave a blessing to Wesley. I don't have time, but I love you, thanks for all you do for me, and I am so grateful for you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!