Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 19 - East Lancaster

Hello! This past week has been crazy! Truly. But the Lord has blessed me and my companions. On Tuesday, elder Chamberlain and I prepared for transfers. So, first, you should know that Elder Chamberlain and I had a car accident where the airbags did not go off at all. We were driving, and following the missionaries in front of us, and the people in front of them stopped unexpectedly, and they stopped, and elder Chamberlain didn't have time to stop, so he swerved off the road into a fence, right almost over a deep ditch. The airbags did not go off, and elder Chamberlain hit his head a lot, on the steering wheel and on the side. When the car stopped, Elder Chamberlain was in seizures and wouldn't stop shaking. He had a bloody nose and bruises on the left side of his face. The ambulance came and we talked to the cops. I went straight to transfers, and found out a few days later that Elder Chamberlain just went right back to work a few hours after the accident! I am okay, and somehow received no harm at all. I was terribly shaken up, though.
   My companion is Elder Chavez, and he is pretty cool. We have been blessed by the Lord. On Tuesday, we found three new investigators! We had dinner with a small family, and their home was literally one room, no doors, and no bathroom. We were walking out, and a neighbor's kids stopped us and wanted us to talk to their mom. At first the mom said "not right now", but then when we got to the car, she stopped us and told us she wanted to get closer to God. We've taught the restoration so far. President Layton went to a lesson with us, with a guy on parole who wants to get baptized named Armando. We'll find out what happens to him. On Wednesday, we had morningside, where we watched "It's a Wonderful Life", which I had never seen before. It was really good. We have an investigator who knows already that the church is true and the book of mormon is true during the restoration! It's awesome. The Lord has blessed us. I love you all!
This computer is slow, so I only have time for a few pictures this time, but I have a ton!


1 comment:

  1. om gosh i always think that top pic is logo!! you make such a cute elder, dan!

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!