Monday, July 24, 2017

Week 50 - Littlerock, CA

 Hey everyone, I hope everything is going awesome for ya'll. This was a good week. We focused a lot this week on helping less-actives and recent converts. That was most of what we did, but we were able to find some people. It was cool, because we talked to one woman, and we started with the restoration, and she could tell that we were heading to Joseph Smith when we started going into apostasy, and she said, "I don't want to hear about anyone named Smith, just about God." So we said, "How about we talk about the power of prayer. This isn't about a "Smith", just God and His power, so we asked her thoughts on prayer, how she felt about it, and so forth. We led that into how Joseph Smith prayed and got an answer, how he had tried to read the bible to find an answer, and decided he had to pray. We then talked about the Book of Mormon, how it's a testament of Jesus Christ, and she said she had tried reading before, and felt nothing. We explained that you as a parent never just instantly give whatever your child wants before they even try hard, and that it's usually the same with God. She said, "I promise I will try to read this time." It was cool.
   We have really been trying to find a lasting person to teach, someone who actually will change, and hopefully the commitments we leave other people will be what they need. 
   This week in district meeting we talked about our purpose as missionaries, and we were able to learn a lot of important things. It was cool to see how the Lord can guide us as missionaries. 
   I can testify of the love that God has for all of us as His children. He really does desire the best for us. I have seen His hand over and over again. I am grateful for Jesus Christ. He allows me to progress and become better every day. I love you guys, and I hope you have a great week!
Our area goes beyond those mountains ... a lot of area and farmland



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!