Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 23 - East Lancaster

 
This week was pretty good! It's been raining all week. It is getting warmer now, but it switches from hot to cold. When we transfer, I do take the sheets and blankets. The companionship is doing pretty awesome. We are learning to have unity in lessons, and we are good friends! My companion has been out for 14 months, and he's been a convert from the time he was 18. We have district meetings every Friday morning. Something happy that happened this week is that we were going to a less active at night and Elder Chavez said "Let's go to the Gonzalez family. We went by and their brother in law who is not a member was there. We were able to have the first lesson with him and he said he believed it was all true. Something sad is that America slept through her alarms on Sunday and didn't make it to church, and told us she wanted to go to her family's church. We'll work with her and her family. My favorite Spanish phrase is "De lo hecho, pecho". It literally means "Chest out to what's been done" or No use crying over spilled milk. On P-days we usually have nerf wars. Nerf is big in this mission. We have an indian reservation museum in our area that is cool. We haven't been, but we're planning on going at the end of the month. We use a member's laundromat.
   This week during transfers, we played Munchins at night (Elder Madore has it)! I won the second round, but lost the first. On my mission, I have give 13-14 blessings, and about half of them in Español! In 5 months 14 blessings. Also, sacrament meeting here is awesome! They didn't have anyone to play the piano, so they had an iphone play and it was so bad but funny. Sacrament meeting always starts at least 10 minutes late, and when we sing, no one can sing at all. It's super funny. There's always someone completely off and out of place. It's tons of fun. 
   The Lord has been in my hands this week. He has been there guiding me and showing me what needs to be done. He has been opening my mind and understanding more and more, because I really need it! I love it, but patience is required.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it the best to read that he and his comp are good friends? I just love hearing that. I love that he is giving so many blessings. What a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!