Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 22 - East Lancaster

 
Hey everyone. This week has been really good. On Monday we had an FHE with the Gonzalez family, and Jon, their non-member brother, came too. We're trying to contact him. It was a lot of fun. They are a super sweet family. On Tuesday I went on an exchange with Elder Powell, and we had a lot of plans go throught, but the Lord blessed us to find effective things and people to find. On Wednesday we went by Jossylin and shared a scripture. We left, and she was kind of sad that we were leaving.  On Thursday we went to a less active named Hermano Vazquez and he has a lot of pain all of the time. It's been like that for the past three years. He wears longsleeves and pants and a cap and thick socks. Also, Fun random event from that day is the following: We were going up to this house to knock to see if anyone was interested, and there was a gate all around it. Elder Chavez took out a pen and started tapping the gate to see if any dogs were there, and none came, so we opened the gate and started heading to the door. Elder Chavez said "there might be a dog here." I was thinking, "There is no dog here. I'm not worried." In that moment, without a bark or any noise, this large dog started rounding the corner of the side of the house at us. Elder Chavez fled and closed the gate behind him! I turned and faced the dog and knelt down with my arms open, and he just fell into my arms like a sweet puppy! It was awesome:) On Friday we taught Mario the Plan of Salvation, and we are worried that he's so old he probably won't get a lot of what we say. We take things slow with him. He gave me an awesome Key chain from Argentina, though! We went to Marcos Pacheco on Saturday and it went well. We haven't been able to contact him since before I arrived, and I think it was good. Yesterday we went by Maria Enela, an investigator with tons of problems in her life. We're planning on teaching her for FHE today. It'll go well, I hope. That was my week, but first, I want to bear my testimony of the Truth and the Light that is in this Work. It is there, and it reaches into the hearts of everyone, and it is all whether they are ready or not. If they're not ready, that's okay, they might be some day. If they are, change will pour out in their lives and bring life and hope and success. I testify that Christ brings change, and He illuminates the new life to make it clean. 






1 comment:

Gracias!