Monday, August 7, 2017

Week 52 - Littlerock




Hey everyone. This week was pretty good. This week we tried to go by Grace, but when we went by, we had a member who was planning on going with us, and she got there first, called us, and said that there was a bunch of police officers outside her house. We arrived at the house, and she was outside, so we started talking to her, and she said that two drunk men drove by and crashed into their parked car. Luckily, none of the family was harmed, but we were unable to teach a lesson. We also went by a family, named Rosa and Elva Parreira, and when we went by we mostly talked about the Love of God. We visited them twice this week, and the second day we went by, she needed help with service, so we moved some exercise equipment from the upstairs to their garage and moved some drawers and such. It was a fun experience. We invited her to church: we said "You know, our purpose as missionaries is to help people get closer to Christ, and one of the best ways to do that is the sacrament." She said, "Oh, I'm sure that'll be great for you two..." She did not want to go. But we tried, and when we got to church, there was this family there who had talked with missionaries a year earlier, and they decided to come by again. We picked them up, and we're going to visit them this week. It was a tender mercy of the Lord. In district meeting we talked about the Plan of Salvation, and the importance of diligence in the work. We were able to learn a ton. 

   This was a good week overall. We have been praying for help, and the Lord was able to help us. I am grateful for that. Thanks for everything you guys do for us. We love you, and thanks for all your prayers for us. 


This was a part I felt I could share with you, but not everyone. Share it with the immediate family for suggestions:)


 Our investigators are kind, showing that they're interested while we're there, but they never keep commitments. I believe that is the problem; we promise blessings and they don't believe them. It's like Jesus when before He rose Lazarus from the dead, and said "Your brother will live. Mary or Martha said, "Yeah, I know we'll all be resurrected...." and Jesus says "I am the resurrection." and she limited God's miracles by their lack of beliefs or expectations. Maybe that's something we can share with them, and say, "We promise this message does bless families." 
   Something I feel is going on in this zone, because there are some problems, is a lack of love. It makes me think of that chart where it has the high and low expectations and fraternity and hate. I feel like we are in the no-love and high-expectations right now. The Zone leaders are trying to unite the zone in ways that don't show real love, and they are swallowed in numbers. They have told me a few times that if I "don't have high numbers, [I'm] not leading or inspiring" my district. The zone is not doing very good in numbers or love, and both are a problem, but I know that the Lord provides for the missionaries who are devoted. I believe that the best example I can give is knowing the Lord provides in a hard area. I want to achieve my goal for august baptisms. This is my year-mark month, so believe that I do, but the way to get that done is obscured and I need to learn to trust the Spirit. We cannot do that if we are stressed about numbers and feel a lack of love.  
   I am not writing this to complain, but to tell you what I see is going on in this zone, and to see if there are any solutions, because it is a problem that needs to be addressed. 
   I've been saying that Madore has been doing well, but to be honest, this week he took off his mask. He admitted it, that he doesn't enjoy the work, that he feels like he has failed in his mission, and that he sees no purpose in serving. He is good at it, but as soon as he's done talking to someone, his smile drops and looks angry. I feel like sharing things like, "God know or understands" would just be cliche and he'd say "Yeah, I know, I know..." I did believe he was doing great, but he just puts on a mask. We haven't done comp study either, not really. I am praying for him, but he is truly trunky. He is losing his patience. 
      I am not complaining at all, just saying what's been going on in case someone knows how to help. 
 


Littlerock did not flood but some of the mission did.  These are pictures from it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!