Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 80 - Buena Vista

 
Hello everyone, this week was a long but good week. We were able to work with our investigators. We came by Freddy, and his 14 year old cousin came in and said she wanted to get baptized before May. We were like "We can do it by the end of March." We taught her the Gospel and explained all the steps for before baptism, about the Sacrament for after and such, and then watched "My Words Never Cease" by Jeffrey R. Holland. She said it all made sense and that she'd come to church, but then she went and stayed the night at Wasco.
   We are both doing well. In my studies I was thinking about how the only filters on our phone are the Holy Ghost and our missionary purpose. We are free to use them, and we do not have enormous blocking and restricting rules, but as long as it's the desires of God we can. On the contrary, if we are to have many rules that restrict what we can do, the Spirit cannot tell you fully what to do and you cannot fully fulfill your purpose in the most effective ways. I was reading in Alma 61:15, which says "according to the Spirit of God, which is also the spirit of freedom which is in them". 
The book of Alma is full of people who try to take away agency, and they were always put to death. The Spirit of Freedom is the Spirit of God. When we deny ourselves or others their agency, we deny the Spirit of God. When Satan was cast out of heaven for trying to take away agency, he was denying the Holy Ghost. Without liberty and agency, we cannot follow the Spirit.
   The church could have put a bunch of filters on our phones so we don't act against the rules, but the freedom allows us to act according to God's will more freely. 
    We went by la familia Delgado, and their children are pretty cool, and we'll be working with them. When we taught Freddy on Tuesday, he said "When I draw, I am able to be patient because I can see the end product. I have hope for the end and how good it will turn out". 
I love my investigators, and I really see a lot to come in the future.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!