Monday, February 26, 2018

Week 81 Buena Vista

 
This week went by fast and was extremely interesting. First, I conducted my first ever Zone Conference. I was super nervous, but there were friends all over the zone, so I was alright. There were about 60 missionaries in the room. It went well, and President seemed pretty merciful about it being my first time. We went by Freddy and he basically said that he would be unable to give up wine. But we talked with Samantha a little, and we invited her to church, but she said that she couldn't make it last minute. That was a heart breaker. We did find a family who also would be baptized in the blink of an eye, but can't because of marriage problems.
   We saw quite a few miracles for other people: for example, we were on exchanges, and we were walking, and I really felt like there was something better we could be doing, so as we walked, I decided to try to find out what that was. I told Elder Tigrett what I felt, and I felt we shoukd turn the corner onto a fairly loud and busy road. We knocked a few doors there, and with one, a man opened up and we started teaching. When we told him that the Book of Mormon was written here, and that Jesus Christ came and visited, he stopped me and said "Wait, repeat that." I did and he said "I've got some reading to do." He took a Book of Mormon and said he'd read it. He thanked us for coming and told us to come back as soon as possible. 
   There was a referral that we received from the hermanas that sounds pretty legit. It's a part member family. 
   In my studies, I have been trying to get closer to my Savior. A thought occurred to me, that Jesus Christ suffered so much to know me personally. What am I doing to come to know Him? I take upon me His life as I take the sacrament, I become one with Him, and therefore I am worthy of the Holy Ghost because He is one with me. As I develop His attributes I come to know Him as well. He is there, and He reaches out to us, and we can apply His grace as we put His Name upon us. And the Holy Ghost is one of His biggest blessings He can bestow upon us. It is what makes us different than any other church.
   And, one more thing: from 3 Nephi 20:8-9 
   Eat of body to soul, drink of blood to soul.
 Soul= body & spirit combined. 
Blood in old testament was a symbol of life source or the spirit(BD). You're taking His soul upon you, becoking more like Him. He was the only one worthy of the Holy Ghost, so when we take Him upon us we become worthy. That's why the sacrament, in my opinion, allows the Spirit to sanctify you and be with you always. The sanctification comes as you, through the week, becoke a little better by a little better. That's why we take a small peice of bread and a small bit of water. It's a continual process God is willing to recognize. We thus grow grace by grace. 
   I hope your week is filled with miracles!!!
 Love Elder Sant



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!