Monday, February 5, 2018

Week 78 - Buena Vista

Hello all. This week was a very good week. We found out that I will be staying here in Buena Vista and Elder Fillmore will be leaving and heading to Palmdale, my last Zone. My companion will be Elder Barney. This week Elder Fillmore and I realized we were far too soft on our investigators when we were with Freddy and we watched a video by Elder Bednar about how only members of the church can enjoy the full companionship of the Holy Ghost. Freddy was like "I don't like that". Naturally we tried to make it sound better, and after the lesson, I realized that I was denying him true knowledge by making it sound different and less rude than how Elder Bednar clearly explained. We came by again and explained to him how we had been soft, and that even though it sounded unfair that was how it was and that we just wanted him to find for himself if it were true, that truth doesn't change because someone doesn't like it. He accepted it, and we both learned that it's easier to get the investigator to act when you don't beat around the bush at all and just tell people how it is. We did that with another investigator family just by reading Preach My Gospel on the Apostasy section and saying "That's how it is" and we invited them to be baptized. One of them said they were catholic and couldn't change, and we asked what they'd do if they found it were true and from God, and they said "Well, change." They accepted a date, so please pray for them. By being bold the Spirit can declare the true doctrine through us and when we're soft we're putting a plug on the power hose of revelation they could receive.I love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gracias!