Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 34 - Delano

This week was awesome because we had conference, crying investigators, and miracles.
   We had exchanges with Elder West and Elder Vellver. I was with Elder West, and it was a lot of fun. We went by Leonor, and we started by teaching about the Plan of Salvation, and she mentioned baptism, saying that she wanted to get baptized, but knew she had many changes to make. We discussed some of those changes. We invited her to general conference, but she couldn't make it. We went by Cynthia, and we taught her the plan of Salvation. It was a good lesson. She talked about how she wanted to come to conference, but couldn't make it. Later, we taught her the law of Chastity. We asked her what that was and she replied, basically, to be clean, "Isn't it circumcision?" Hahaha, not quite. One time we asked her what the purpose of life was and she said "three things: eat, sleep, and poop." Leonor is a fun lady. She is pregnant and living with her boyfriend who leaves the room when we come, but listens to the whole lesson through the wall. 
   Esther came to general conference, and she cried there, taking so many notes. 
 We had a lesson with Esther, and we came with the plan to teach the commandments, but she had a few doubts, so we taught about some of those doubts. She began crying as we testified of the gospel, and of the Spirit. She said she couldn't tell the difference between the Spirit and emotion. We explained that when we are really trying to follow Christ, and His desires are in our heart to what we are able, then the Spirit won't let us go too far without telling us whether a decision is good or bad. I can testify of that right now too. When we'd share a scripture, she'd say, let me put a note here in my book. She is getting baptized this Saturday. We also taught Gabriel today. He had many questions about the book of Mormon, but did read! He is a really humble and cool man.
 I learned a lot from general conference. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing here, but I know there is a reason. I hope I can find it. Also, please pray for me to have a more open understanding of things that need to be done and things that I need to do. Please pray also for Esther, and for Leonor, and Gabriel, and Crystal. We weren't able to visit her this week, but please pray for her.
 Something I learned this week was from Mosiah 15:1-5. Because Jesus Christ subjected and submitted Himself and His will to the Father, He became the Father. His thoughts and actions be came the Father's. In Moroni 7:42-48, it shares the same invitation to us: Be meek and lowly of heart, and that is how you gain charity, and that is how we can "be like Him". I read that when Thomas S. Monson shared this in priesthood session of conference. 
   Also, this week we had interviews with President. "There is no good or bad area; just dedicated missionaries. There are prepared people all over."
   "My definition of a consecrated missionary is someone who repents all the time"!!!!!
  I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. General Conference is just amazing. And so are Daniel's insights to everything.

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!