Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 36

This was an interesting week. First, on Saturday we received transfer calls. I will be leaving Delano and am heading to Little Rock, CA. My companion will be Elder Mendoza and I will be the district leader for that area. The Lord has a plan for me, and knows what He's doing.

On Tuesday Elder Keeney had a district leader training meeting, and I went to wasco with their district leader's companion. While there, I was on splits with Elder Brown, and we taught a lesson about the restoration, and after the wife of the family asked for a blessing of healing. When we finished the blessing, she was in tears. It was powerful. We went to Gael, and in one instance, his grandma wanted to pick up our cups, and we said "We've got it", but of course she denied, and Gael was the first on his feet to take them out of her hands and say "I'll put these in the sink." He also has been answering questions humbly and correctly, He's like well, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Adam and Eve had to fall (the plan of salvation was taught possibly a month ago).

Esther is being a fantastic member missionary. She's sharing the gospel with everyone! We went on exchanges with Elder Tolman, and we went by Leonor, but her family was home, not her, so we taught the Restoration, and they live in Los Angeles, so the missionaries there are going to get a bomb family referral. We went to Gabriel and he asked "what are all the commandments I need to follow to be saved. We were more than willing to explain the Grace of God and all the commandments we could.

On Friday we went to a missionary-member activity where we teach all 5 principles of the Gospel in different rooms, and when they've gone to them all, they can go to the game room where we played a viking game called Kubb. It is so much fun. Elder Keeney and I taught receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was really cool, because we asked for attributes of the Spirit, and members and investigators were saying "Peace, comfort, assurance." We then thought about that for a moment, and said "We are blindfolded in this life, and the Spirit uses peace and comfort to bring us assurance, that we are on the right path, that Jesus is real and He is there. He gives us those feelings so we have confidence and trust in the Doctrines and principles and ordinances, and can truly follow on applying it. 

On Saturday we went on Exchanges, and Elder Vellver and I were working together. We went to Earlimart, and we saw these guys doing something to their truck,and explained that they were trying to push it into their backyard. We helped them and picked one up as an investigator. We went by Angel during a family's birthday party, and they let us join them. We also went to Gael and comforted his grandpa with his weak heart after coming back from the hospital.

On Sunday there was a guy who came in and started talking with us. He sounded cool, and we went to his home after church. His home felt evil, and he was very strange, so we quickly taught a restoration and left. We'll teach him at church from now on, if at all. That was our awesome week, and that's the update of what's been going on here.

I want to testify of studying the book of Mormon.In my personal studies recently, I've been following Elder Bednar's advice about finding a simple book of Mormon and putting one specific topic to study and focus on as I read. I am doing one book with the Topic "Who is God and what is His relationship to us?" Simple but full of doctrine and power. The other one is "Grace, especially from the talk by J. Devn Cornish about being sufficient. He says:
“‘… It is … through the grace of the Lord that individuals … receive strength and assistance to do good works that they otherwise would not be able to [do]. … This grace is an enabling power …’ [Bible Dictionary, “Grace”; emphasis added] …"
 I know the Lord is with us, and that He has a plan for all of us. I am grateful for his atonement. 
 In Jarom 1:11, Mosiah 3:13, and Mosiah 16:6. People thought of Christ as though He was already among them. We can think the same way: treat everything as though all of the Lord's blessings are already fulfilled. We're already together as an eternal family, already resurrected, already with Jesus Christ by our side. Think of all the Blessings of God like you already have them! This is real hope, the way I see it! I know this work is led by God. I love Him and His Son and the Spirit and the Prophets and families and all of you. Thanks for all you do.
Love,
Elder Sant
 










 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading Daniel's testimony and I love seeing that he is working so hard and having so much fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!