Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 35 - Delano


Hey, I hope everything's going alright for all of you, and I want to thank you all for your prayers for me. This week was pretty good. On Monday we went by Esther Cardenas, and that went pretty well. We taught about Laws and Ordinances. On Tuesday we went on Exchanges with the Zone leaders in oildale, my birthplace in the mission. It was pretty interesting being back in the oildale. We had a lot of fun, though. On Wednesday we had exchanges with the English elders. It was pretty fun. I went with Elder Parsons, and we were able to visit some people and have some pretty good lessons. We went by Mario Tinajero, and he's still gambling, but trying to give it up. On Thursday Esther Cardenas had her baptismal interview. Elder Labrum interviewed her, and she passed. She loved it, and has a testimony of this work. On Friday we went by Gael and his family, and taught his dad the restoration. It went really well, and Gael's grandpa is no longer in the hospital. We went by Esther Cardenas and read some good scriptures with her. On Saturday Esther Cardenas was baptized. I wanted to give her the Holy Ghost, and Elder Keeney baptized her. It was a beautiful baptism, and her family loved it. We're hoping we can teach the family as well. On Sunday in the morning Clarence de Guzman and I went to pick up Gael, because we needed a guy in the car, so Elder Keeney stayed at church. It was two towns over, and so we came to church late, and when I came in, Elder Keeney was confirming Esther a member and giving her the Spirit. I just missed it! I learned some things from this, one being that this work isn't about me. It's about people like Esther. Anyone could have baptized and confirmed her and she would have received the same blessings. That night we went by Crystal, and when we pulled up, she was just coming outside to ride the ripstick. She saw us in our car and ran back inside. It was pretty funny. We also went to the Smiths for dinner, and after to Angel, but his grandma was home, not him. She fed us mole (I don't know how to spell it, but it sounds just like "mole-ay". It was pretty good. We read the scriptures with her. We went by Esther Cardenas, and taught her about the Scriptures.


















1 comment:

  1. Daniel looks so different without his glasses! And his thumb looks just like Ben's thumb! That's so crazy! And I love the picture of him at the piano! :)

    ReplyDelete

Gracias!